On Saturday, Kristopher Zgorski from BOLO Books and I participated in a panel on bloggers for the Sisters In Crime Chesapeake Chapter. All the tables were occupied and after an Italian lunch, we both talked about the many chapters of blogging giving our audience some of the tasks that we do to make our blog what is is today. We had a question and answer period and the feedback that I received was we gave a good talk and it was informative.
The main focus of dru’s book musings is to be a book advocate and introduce the works of authors to my readers through their characters.
Some tips for authors before you approach a blogger for a review or a guest post:
- Learn as much as you can about the type of blog they have.
- For reviews, learn what genre they specialize in.
- For guest posts, make sure you’ve read some of the posts on their site to get an idea of what may be expected of you.
- I want original content.
- If you are given a deadline and can’t meet it, please let the blogger know beforehand.
- Contact the blogger at least 2-3 months prior to you book release to get onto their schedule.
- Share your guest post on social media. If you don’t participate on social media, have your friends share.
- You’re not obligated to comment on blog posts, but readers do appreciate it.